An eCommerce business plan is one of the most important documents you will ever write. It’s a roadmap for your business. It lays out the vision, strategy, and goals for your eCommerce store. It tells the story of what you’re trying to achieve and how you plan to get there.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to write a business plan that will help you get the funding you need to launch and grow your store. We’ve also included a template that you can use as a starting point for your own business plan. You can use this template as a guide for how to structure your business plan, or you can start from scratch and write your own. Either way, this guide will walk you through the process step-by-step, so you can get your business up and running in no time!
We hope you find this guide useful, and we wish you the best of luck on your entrepreneurial journey. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us on our Facebook page.
## What is a business Plan?
A business plan is a document that lays out your business vision, goals, and strategy. It should be a living document that you update as your business evolves. It will be your roadmap for how you will achieve your business goals. A business plan should answer the following questions:
– What are your goals?
– How will you achieve those goals? (Strategy)
– Who is your target market? (Goals)
– Who are your customers?
– What do they want?
– Who are you competing against? (Competition)
– What is your business model?
– How much money will you need? (Raising Capital)
– How are you going to get that money? (Fundraising)
– How long will it take to get to your first sale? (Growth)
– What are the milestones that you will hit along the way? (Milestones)
## Why do I need to write my own Business Plan if I can use the Shopify Business Plan Template?
Shopify has created a template for you to use when you first start out. This is a great way to get your feet wet and see if eCommerce is the right business for you. However, if you want to grow your business, you will need to create your own plan. The template is a good starting point, but it won’t give you all the information you need. You will need this information to answer the questions above, and you will also need to add your own information to make your plan unique to you.
## How do I write my business plan?
There are many different ways to write your plan, and it all depends on what you want your plan to look like. Some people prefer to write their plan on a whiteboard, while others prefer to use a computer. Whichever method you choose, the end result should be the same: a well-written plan that answers all of the questions listed above. The following are some of the different types of business plans you can write:
– Executive Summary: This is the first section of your plan. It gives a high-level overview of what your business is all about. It answers the question, “Why should I invest in your business?” This section can be as short or as long as you want it to be, but you should try to keep it under a page or two. This section should be written in the third person, so it sounds like you are talking about your business rather than about yourself. For example, instead of saying “I am an entrepreneur,” you would say “My business is an e-commerce store.”
– Mission Statement: A mission statement is a short, one- or two-sentence statement that describes your business and what you hope to achieve with it. The mission statement should be short and to-the-point so it is easy to read and understand. You should write this section in the first person, as if you were describing your business to someone else.
For example, your mission statement could be something like this: “Our mission is to provide our customers with the highest quality products at the best possible prices.